Demystifying the Learning of Algebra:
Making Algebra Child's Play
Hands-On Equations is a supplementary program that can be used with any math curriculum to provide students with a solid foundation for success with algebra. It uses the visual and kinesthetic approach developed by Dr. Henry Borenson to demystify abstract algebraic concepts. The program enhances student self-esteem and interest in mathematics.
What are the benefits of using Hands-On Equations?
No algebraic prerequisites are required
It is a game-like approach that fascinates students
The gestures or "legal moves" used to solve the equations reinforce the concepts at a deep kinesthetic level
The program can be used as early as the 3rd grade with gifted students, 4th grade with average students and 5th grade with LD students; it also serves as an excellent component of a middle-school pre-algebra program
Students attain a high level of success with the program (see research studies
The program provides students with a strong foundation for later algebraic studies
The concepts and skills presented are essential for success in an Algebra 1 class
Algebra Concepts Your Student Will Learn in Only Seven Lessons!
- the concept of an unknown
- how to evaluate an expression
- how to combine like terms
- the relational meaning of the equal sign (both sides have the same value)
- the meaning of an algebra equation
- how to balance algebra equations (using the subtraction property of equality)
- the concept of the check of an equation
- the ability to solve one and two-step algebra equations
- solving equations with unknowns on both sides (see video)
- how to work with a multiple of a parenthetical expression
But Students Learn Much More. They Learn that:
- mathematics is a subject one can understand
- mathematics can be learned without memorization
- they need not be intimidated by algebra symbols
- they can enjoy doing mathematics
- they can explain mathematics to others
- they can have success in one of the most “difficult” topics of mathematics
- they have far greater learning potential then they ever realized
Invite Your Staff to Join Us for a Complimentary 45-Minute Introductory Webinar!
NEXT FREE INTRODUCTORY WEBINARS:
Demystifying the Learning of Algebra with Hands-On Equations:
To register click on the link of the webinar you wish to attend.
Invite your colleagues to join you!